Monday, June 13, 2005

The Science Centre...

has changed ALOT since the last time I went there. Sooo many new exhibits and games to play! :D I'll post a few photos I took at the albert einstein-man of the century exhibition later.

anyway, in case you're hungry, I could feed you with some cool facts.

-the word 'genome' is a combination of the two words 'gene' and 'chromosome'

-The instructions for making all organisms are just spelled out with 4 chemical letters; or bases.
adenine (A), thymine(T), cytosine (C), and guanine(G). These pair up--- A with T and C with G.

-In the course of 1 year-1905-einstein published 4 revolutionary papers which resolved some of the fundamental issues which had been baffling physicists. This year is known as einstein's annus mirabilis, his miracle year. (No pun intended for 'annus', as it means 'annual')

1."Does an inertia of a body depend on its energy content?" (ooh cool. can explain 'how do we know that we're moving?')

2. On the electrodynamics of moving bodies (waaah!!! >_< I think this one explains why moving things gain weight, and why they appear to look shorter. )

3. on the movement of small particles suspended in stationary liquids required by the molecular-kinetic theory of heat (chim. this... hmm... has something to do with relativity)

4. on a heuristic point of view concerning the production and transformation of light (from the title you know what it's about right)

anyway... too much chim stuff to mention here in case you get bored haha. So far I think his mathematical workings for the unified field theory are the chimmest. I doubt mr yap can understand a letter of it. Oh well. Obviously I can't too. I have no idea what he's writing. Looks like some sort of equation.

Actually I have pics of him sailing (one of his fav activities) and playing the piano, and another one of him sticking out his tongue when a reporter asked him to do a birthday pose. Haha. it was his 72nd birthday. Another one of his passport... Arghhh!! That one's blurry bcoz they put his passport on the revolving platform. Hmph. Another one was a letter a six year old girl wrote to him... asking him to have a haircut so he could look better, hahahahaha!!!

And from another pic I took you can see that miss chan 'shortchanged' us... there are actually SO MANY types of quarks oh gawd. They were discovered by Bell-Mann in 1974. I have no idea what's 'Lambda' and the other 4 at the bottom lol. Just shows how bad I am at science. She told us got up and down quark... Actually also got one that starts with 's', and another one 'c'. I don't know what's that so I'll check it out later.

Okay. I'll be leaving for Japan on Saturday... So I won't get to see Sam's hair :( Which I really want to see. Hehe. But I'll get to see the mammoth and robots and trees and flowers and some few million Japanese. Hahahaha! Wish me luck with taking a pic/video of the mammoth. It's actually an exhibit where you stand on a travellator while passing by the HUMONGOUS mammoth. Hope I can get a good spot. Hahaha. Typical kiasu singaporean, lol. Anyway WISH ME LUCK!!! :D

And I will buy some stuff back for you all... esp. for sam and her mum for putting in so much effort for my early birthday celebration. :)

Anyway. I'm off to post the pictures up here. Have fun!! Eat, drink, and be merry! Don't forget to play and slack while you can! :D:D:D Bcoz we won't get to do that later. Next holiday is during late october.

Ciao!!!

Xinyi

PS. quite disappointed at the albert einstein real-life figure. Doesn't really look like him leh. Haha. My father said he looks like a mad old man when he saw the wax figure.

Photos::: Click --> http://photos.yahoo.com/shanliang_society (contains mostly pics of the einstein exhibit) If you all have any pics you wanna share, eg. your new pet fish, etc., you can go to photos.yahoo.com. The username is shanliang_society, and the password is the same as the blog's one. Just create another album, and add in your photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home