Thursday, November 10, 2005

Another topic really worth discussing...

Okay. Basically I totally agree with Edha again. (Why can't I think of a new topic to start with) Oh ya. By the way, computer club DOES participate in prestigious competitions, but the boys always beat us. And I mean the CHinese High boys. They're way too good for us! =P

That, I have nothing to say. I wanna go Hwa Chong JC already. Be with all the science and tech nerds. Ah, the life...

Oops I'm daydreaming again. My mathematical skills are on par with that of a donkey. How can I ever go there.

Ok, let's talk about ART CLUB first!

Frankly, I don't see what's so boring about art club. Er, okay. Maybe art club is boring after all when mdm seah is nagging continuously. Or when miss della and mdm seah are arguing. (ooh maybe that's not so boring. That's INTERESTING.)

I was in Art Club myself in Primary school. In P4 I was in Netball though, which explains why my hands and legs are so tanned. =( And also explains why I have such a BAD tanline around my ankles. Then, for some reason which I can't remember, I joined art club. Maybe it was because I was pretty inspired by my art teacher then. She was really nice. The nicest art teachers I ever had was Miss Ginnie Quek and... Miss Loh. I can't really remember the name of Miss Loh, and I think I just gave you the wrong name but nevermind. (Or was it miss lau? or Low?)

I have very fond memories of being in Art Club at that time. It was really fun! We did tie-dyeing, we made a dress and a hat for the school doll, called Dolly. (duh, doll called dolly.) And I also remembered that my primary school did not have a computer-related CCA of any sort. But they did have a science club. And it was pretty boring because you have to research on the colour of corn cobs. B-o-r-i-n-g.

Well, there was already some CCA discrimination at that time. Those in the sports became horrifically popular when they won something. Art Clubbers were considered... Boring.

I mean HEY! TKGians shouldn't call people BORING because of their CCA! Everyone has interests of their own. So, we should respect people of all the CCAs. And Edha has made a very good point that people in Drama club are petrifyingly popular. It's like the whole school knows them. =P

Oh yeah. Bet you didn't know!!! Miss Chan, our science teacher, was in computer club when she was a TKGian. =D

Look at Jael! She's a really talented artist in Art Club, and of course, Mdm Seah loves her. (which art teacher wouldn't?) Would you call her boring? NO! I'd say that she is beautifying the school! And of course, I think that the Art Club members did a GREAT JOB with beautifying the school, and therefore they should get some recognition. So what if Art Club members are working in the background? Without them, I think Drama Club would not have existed today. it would be extinct. So, shouldn't the Drama Club members and most importantly, the whole SCHOOL (including teachers and the principal) respect them?

Yup that's all I have to say for Art Club. Now for Computer Club.

Er, actually we don't take part in so many competitions, to be honest. It's not that... glorifying to be in computer club, but it's definitely cool to be in computer club, and it was also a really good experience for me when I went for the national software competition. There were, of course, very enjoyable moments, (okay i mean darned FUNNY) which I will always remember. For example, mr hay kena cake on his face because the sec one was insulted pretty badly by him.

Frankly, I think that my cohort of computer club members are not really enthusiastic about computer club. There is this girl who usually skips computer club, and does other things on the computer when Mr Hay is teaching. I obviously want to smack her hard on her head with a ripe coconut, but oh well. I don't care.

Why do some computer club members (I'm talking about my batch only) treat computer club as some... Leisure time?! I'm disgusted. I'm freaked.

Why do some quit their sports CCA to join computer club? I'm sure you have heard of many such cases. Well, it's because they find the sports CCA too torturous. Computer Club very slack one, they say. But this is the kind of attitude that I absolutely CANNOT TOLERATE! I believe that you should go for every CCA session whole-heartedly, with enthusiasm, with an urge to learn something new.

I think it's the same for Art club too.

Anyway, I don't really know what computer club did for the school. =/
Hahaha... Of course I hope that computer club does do something for the school sometime. But it's more like Mr Hay who is really doing the job. He's designing the new school website!

Go to our school website. You see this link there for P6 girls? You'll be directed to this page. Then click on the one that says "being a TKGian is EXCITING". That's the page Mr Hay did. Eh cool RIGHT!!! I wish my flash skills were as good as his but of course, I'm dreaming again.

By the way, I'll be going overseas next saturday. The airplane is taking off at 7.30pm. Shall miss you all lots! =(

Ok. Cya!

Xinyi





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home