Monday, August 08, 2005

Yay! I did it!!!




Whee! See? My biggest, spikiest modular origami piece so far. About 17.5cm tall. (wish it was 175cm. hehe) Okay lah. It's not THAT big, but then it's quite an achievement for me. =)

Clips!
I usually make containers or small stuff like that. I put my hairclips in these 2, for example.

Nice anot? I used 30 pieces of square origami (or chiyogami) paper. Phew. Fold the same silly unit for 30 times and join together. I started doing it yesterday, in the afternoon. About 4pm till 10pm.

Then, when I reached home today, I immediately practised my... er. Top-spinning skills. What am I supposed to call that, I dunno. I felt quite bad receiving the highlighters and the notebook because I still couldn't spin the top well in school. But after practising... HEY!!! I can actually get it right!!! Now I can make it spin for about 30 seconds plus minus everytime I throw it. Confirmed. Hahaha... Very song to play with.

Then I folded the remaining 4 units for this origami piece and joined them up. Woot! So... Here you are, hehe!

So. How do I throw the top?
1) Practice and more practice.
2) Experiment.

Then I found the... jue qiao/qiao men. Let me impart my new-found-knowledge... Muahahahahaha!!!

1) Wind the string around the top. If you're still in the practicing stage, don't wind too high up, or else you'll get up with a top spinning on its side.

2) Hold the top with your index finger and thumb. Metal side facing the floor. hold the string with your other 3 fingers. Keep it that way. Remember to try to keep the top upright at all times.

3) Move your right hand to the right...

4) Now here's the tricky part. Flick (er. wrong word izzit. Anyway, must do this real fast) your right hand to the left, then to the right. Be generous. Move your arm like you're trying to draw a BIG line in front of you. But remember to bend your arm towards yourself when bending to the left, though. =P

4.5) Just as you're flicking your hand to the right, remember to let go of the top and hold on tight to the string, of course!

5) Through this action, you're unwinding the string. ALWAYS make your movements sharp and quick for steps 4 to 4.5. After this, watch your top spin like mad and sit back. Admire at your work.

6) If it doesn't work out, try again! Practice makes perfect. I'm far from that.

Okiez! Hope you all can do it too! And make sure to stand far far far away from expensive stuff.

Today, Julia, Chunling, and I went to White Sands shopping mall to collect our CIP forms and also to have lunch at the foodcourt. GCL dunno why keep complaining got stomach ache. Julia and I ate chicken rice with soup and GCL ate some mincemeat noodles. Julia drank something I forgot, GCL drank milk tea and me. Haiz. I'm such a boring person right. Ice peach tea, haha.

Then we went to Popular all because of me... I wanted to buy glitter for IAP. You know me lah. Glittery glittery kawaii stuff are my... absolute favourites. Hehe! I wanted those kind of dry glitter to mix with acrylic paint to give a shimmery finish. I also bought a bottle of silver poster paint.
Silver poster colour and glitter.
Mixing silver paint and normal acrylic paint works wonders. You get METALLIC colours!! How pretty. So, I painted my 10 stars like this...
twinkle twinkle little star!
Haiz. Cannot really see their shine because of... 1) my poor photography skills 2) They're nto completely dried yet.

Then I had leftover metallic blue and gold paint. The result-I painted a flower motif on my calculator.
My flowery (?) or otherwise plain old calculator.

The national day celebrations in school today were pretty boring. Where was zut-zut? She's gone with the wind? Maybe not. Wind not strong enough to blow her away, haha! Must use typhoon.

Then. My favourite part. MR ANG WEE JIN ACTUALLY RAPPED!!! He looks like a real rapper when he raps(???! very gd acting?!), but nonetheless very entertaining. Rang wo da kai yan jian, yuan lai our humble computer club teacher can rap hor!

Mr Hay... Dunno what to say. Just when he went up the stage he disappeared. Dunno where he go. Like Mdm Seah. Eh should give the mike to Mdm Seah leh. She would have made a great singer.

And he (mr ang) was like the 'lead singer', standing at the mike all the time, haha! Wonder whether it was planned? Mr Yong and Mr Kevin Ang were like 'emergents' among the 'canopy'. Geddit? Out of so many teachers, only their heads can see most clearly one.

Haiya. Regret. Muz bring camera next time. Anyway. Cya!

Xinyi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home