Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Zero to hero?

Today I went to see the doctor... agh... flu... Then he gave me 2 kinds of tablets... one of them is as big as a M&M lor... I see already got phobia man. I didn't dare to swallow it.

Then I told my mum. She told me the usual method, drink lots of water, gulp it down, and then just ignore it. Pretend that the tablet wasn't there in the first place. It didn't work. Man. One tablet wasted.

So I came up with another idea-munch biscuits, pop in the tablet, and swallow it with the biscuits. It worked!!! yay!! So proud of myself... Hahaha!

Oh yes, it's our blog's birthday today! I made a card... I'll post it here later.

Oh ya... Hebei... hope you get well soon kz?We all don't wanna see you in this state,so you muz take care of yourself okay?

Also, I'm wishing Julia's sister a happy birthday!!! You're a year older now... Good luck for your O Levels! :) All the best!

Today's Chinese class was so fun! Zeng lao shi (ms chan) was really nice. She invited this guy to come and show us how to make rice dumplings. Mini nonya dumplings. Smelt and tasted nice. :)

And my mum said that I kena flu bcoz I'm not taking enough ascorbic acid. (in other words, vitamin C!!! hehehe... using chim words is cool sometimes rite?) So she told me to eat a banana. (A fruit that I usually don't really like to eat) I ate the whole banana anyway. haha.

She said "I can strike 4d today!!!"
then she said, "If you eat 1 banana everyday, I'll give you 100 dollars every month!!!"
Then I said "Hah... don't want lah..."
Reply: "Why you don't want to take money..."

-_-

Lame-o-sis taking place eh?

I wanna watch Star Wars on Saturday!!! Looks like a nice show!! Like the DJ said, I want to find out WHY Anakin became Darth Vader... Haizz... so sad sia.

Oh yup... I juz found out what pH stands for!!!

pH= potenz(means potential to be) Hydrogen

and you better write pH the way it is or else...

PH=public house!!!
Ph=philosophy!!!
PhD=Doctor of Philosophy!!!

hahaha...and...

The gentleman who invented the pH scale wanted to measure how acidic his beer was. As you know you have to use yeast to make beer or wine, and you also know that yeast uses enzymes. Enzymes only work if the pH is right. What he discovered was that acids and alkalis make the colours in plants change. The easy one is Litmus paper.

Try grinding up some red cabbage or a beetroot. You will get a red or blue liquid. You can make the liquid change colour by adding acids or alkalis. All that happens is that the colour of the plant dye depends upon the concentration of Hydrogen ions. If you have used universal indicator paper you know that it can change from blue to green to yellow to red. Universal indicator is a mixture of dyes which all change when you change the pH.

info from http://www.purchon.com/chemistry/ph.htm

and I found this REALLY REALLY cool site man... can hear Albert Einstein explaining e=mc2.

http://www.aip.org/history/einstein/voice1.htm

At first I didn't understand what in the world he was talking about... my mum say sound like indian, hahaha... Muz read the thing lah. If not I don't understand...

And... watch out for how he pronounces vice-versa... hahahhahhaa so hilarious... but he's such a smart guy lor... sounds like (said very fast) "veece vrah".

what he was talking about simply put, means that the "e" means the energy in a matter is equal to the mass of the matter times the speed of light squared.

Very small amounts of mass can be converted into large amounts of energy because matter gains weight as they move faster.

It's like, if you flick a grain of sand at say a small force, it won't move much. But if you flick it REAL hard with some new, uninvented special machine, it would crush your house into pieces.

Get it?But when matter stops moving, the weight(more like mass) of it will go back to normal. Hmm

Why?

The energy in matter is slowly released as they move. By saying 'move' I mean moving through the air, not moving by means of an animal carrying it around.

So you can imagine if you flick a grain of sand at the speed of light at the wall in fromt of you right now... Ooh...

Budden WHY does matter contain so much energy?

Remember atoms? Miss chan teach b4.There's a HUGE amount of energy in each atom. And you know how many atoms make up even a grain of sand right? I dunno how many... millions lah.

That's why if you release all the energy in a grain of sand, (which is currently impossible) you can boil 10 million kettles!!!

That's how they invented the atomic bomb.

Interesting right?

Haha... Okay. gtg!

xinyi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home