Friday, September 16, 2005

Our Home Economics Practical Exam!

Well the day started out pretty fine until the home ec exam.

I was chopping my pizza toppings, samantha doing the mash potato thingy, julia the pancakes and the drink.
And while we were busy chopping,

OH MY GOD! Zut zut passed by and you know what she wore today?!

BRIGHT, HOT PINK blouse okay!!! Don't play play arh!

Aiyo! I think she just fell in love or something izzit? And it was REALLY this colour... The one shown above. Normally she only wears boring colours like grey, dark blue, dark green... Ya, those kind of booooring colours. But today, she was so striking! Wha! From 50 metres away also can see! Or she suddenly wanted to release the woman in her which was hidden in her for a very long time. haahahahahahhahahaa!!!

Everything was okay UNTIL we were mashing the potatoes and making the pancakes.

Mashed potatoes--- ARGH! Left TEN MINUTES ONLY!!! It was crazy man. We should have boiled the potatoes longer lor. End up abit hard leh. :(

Then samantha and I were having great difficulties trying to mash it. I went up to the extent of taking the big knife to literally STAB the potatoes really hard so that they could be mashed more easily... I was stabbing and stabbing and cutting and chopping and stabbing and mashing the potatoes at the same time. =P With samantha's help of course. Thanks arh!

--- Re- Enactment ---
(fake re-enactment for your reading pleasure. None of ANY PART of this re-enactment is true.)
Me: DIE!!!!! *stab*

Potatoes: *puny sound* NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Me: DIEEEEE!!! GO AND DIEEEEE!!!!

Potatoes: *very soft and weak call for help* AAAH! Help usss! Nooo! We are just poor little cute potaties! Pwease don't kill usss!

Samantha: Go xin! Jiayou! I'm sure we can finish in time.

Potatoes: Nooooo! Pweazzeee dun't keel us! We are innocent!

One wise old potato who is getting smashed: Sigh... No point screaming for help. We were grown to be eaten. And besides, her friend is encouraging her to kill us. Give up hope, comrades. We cannot save ourselves this time.

---End of stupid re-enactment---

I am ruthless.
I am a murderer!
I am... THE POTATO MASHER! *evil laugh*

Eh you know what's so maluating? While I was doing that, The Ghost (I thought 7th month over liao? Howcome he still on earth?) and Mr Hay (yes sorry, he's still wearing the same old blue shirt, sadly nothing interesting like Ms. Zut Zut. So sad right.) passed by home ec room, then Mr Hay was looking at me. WHA LAO I must have looked damn idiotically violent, man. Like I really stabbing someone. =P Hahaha!

Now I think about it I also wanna laugh lah, hahahaha! Left 10 minutes only mah. I was very nervous... So afraid that we couldn't finish the mashed potatoes AND the pancakes in time. But in the end managed to lah. See we so heng right?

Oh yar the PANCAKES. Julia's pancake very nice except for the abit chao tah part. But mine leh. The one I made never flip over in time. Aiyah. So you know what happened right. CHAO TAH!!! Ya.

The SCOTCH PANCAKES I was aiming to cook became SCORCHED PANCAKES. And no, my eyesight is fine. Another example to show that one word error can make a difference. A big one.

I should say I was conducting an experiment in the Kitchen 2! I turned pancake batter into CARBON!!! OH MAN! So funny lah that time. We all 3 laughing and laughing because I was laughing very hard. Haiz. See lah all because of me wasted the batter. Haiya.

Mrs Sin: "I smell something burnt over there... Who was that?"
Us: "Hee Hee Ha Ha Hee Hee Ha Ha"

Aw MAN! I'm really bad at this for my first try. Nevermind. After the exams, I will practice! Haha. But the 3rd pancake turned out quite okay, except that it was... erm... out of shape. First one got half of one side chao tah. Hehe! At first we didn't know that there was that... frying... dunno what you call that.

You know... That thing hawkers use to fry noodles? Arh. That thing.

We had trouble turning it over at first, so we used the knife I stabbed the poor potatoes with. And ended up scratching Mrs Sin's non-stick frying pan pretty badly. Oops! Sorry Mrs Sin! We students go mad (as you can see) when given a small time frame to finish something.

Hey...

Although the drink was quite bland, it's healthy... Hahaha.

And the pizza... Not that I want to self praise (haha since when I self praise right) but I think it's nice EXCEPT that the crust was abit too hard. It became like... a Biscuit?

The mashed potatoes were great, but dunno why tasted abit bland also. I think we should have added more cheese leh. And mashed the potatoes more.

Last but not least our pancakes...delicious but erm. Chao tah. Aiyah nevermind lah. At least it's nice.

Yup. We miraculously managed to finish! Great job everyone! =)

So everyone pray hard that Mrs Sin will give us good marks... Hahaha. We already tried our best and we have no regrets, except for me, who has since regretted even TRYING to make a pancake. =D

Have a nice weekend! Study hard! =)

Xinyi


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home