Saturday, August 27, 2005

Madness!

The most amount of madness I've ever encountered in my whole life happened today! Woot!
National Software Competition was held today. 2 Sec 3s and I went for the IT Quiz. The 3 sec 1s went for the Algorithm contest thing.

Supposed to meet mr hay at Dover mrt station today, BUT he was almost HALF an HOUR late. 8am like that then reach. And still can laugh hor?! =P And the sec 1s and sec 3s oso. :( I so poor thing wait there stupidly... >=( !!!!!

Singapore Poly is damn big...
Before the competition, mr hay was talking to us about winning the thing.
"If you all win, I can get money and treat you all go eat at some proper restaurant."
Ya lah. Ya lah.

We knew we couldn't man. RI, RGS, HWA CHONG!!! Haiz. Finished.
The quiz was like 197 true/false questions to be done one paper AND online in TWENTY MINUTES. Mad! We did 90+. Not sure. And somemore they never tell us results!
Tested alot of funny questions like what programme is used to create A.I., which I have completely no idea of.

Then went back to auditorium. Announced the finalists. Mr Hay commented that there were n o girls of all, which was very true!!! Then he started ranting... They must have made a calculation error... etc. Haiz...

Some of the final round questions I can answer leh, hehe! Mr Hay was saying "eh you're good man. You next time want to study computer anot?"
Me: "Ya! At MIT. And I'm not that good lah."
Mr hay: "Hah? Australia one ah? Why not go poly directly?"
Me: "Don't want. And it's in America."
Mr Hay: "Orh. (I think he dunno what is MIT. Anyway, it's called massachussetts institute of technology, 2nd university in the world!) How you know all these stuff anyway?"
Me:"Sometimes pass by bookshop or library just go in and go computer section and read lor."
Mr Hay: "WHAT?! You bother to read ah?"

Ya it went something like that.

And then some of the questions for the finals were mad. Super tough. Like what is the octal number of 14. So what the heck is octal number anyway, hehe!

There was this part where the audience can run down to the stage to answer the question and get a prize. It was an ugly scene. Like 20-30 people CLIMBING over the plants onto the stage. So desperate for thumbdrive izzit.

Chinese High won!!! (whee!)

Then there was this Simsurobot or something demo. The guy presenting said it like "sim-shro-boat". Then he said blue as "brue" and yellow as "yerrow", etc etc.....

Then tea break. I didn't take anything because there were way too many people crowding around the buffet table. Mr Hay didn't eat anything because...

"I'm on a diet. I'm so fat. My arms here are all muscle but you see! My stomach all fat."

EH... Sound abit like woman hor... Hehehe! Then he was saying Elaine or who eat until the whole table got cake... Then say her mouth got hole... AHahhahahahaha! Then she glared at him. He ask me, "Ta bu shuang ah?".

I said. "Ya. I think she wants to throw the plate of cakes into your face right now."
Elaine. "Ya."
Mr Hay. "You throw lah! Then you give me $50."

DIAO DIAO DIAO DIAO~~~~~

Then he said Carol dunno what, den she buay song, so she flung 2 crumbs of cake into Mr Hay's face!!! They missed him by 1 millimetre. Haiz. So fierce hor. I was pretty shocked. But he surprisingly did not get angry?! Or maybe he's just putting up a show, I dunno.

We then went back for an extremely boring talk and prize giving session(The top winners got an Xbox EACH!!!!!) and also a session to award people with scholarships. Boring boring boring borling.

Then I went home. Whee! The only useful thing in the goodie bag was the 10 CD-Rs. That's it. So pathetic right? But nvm.

Cya all on Monday k?

Xinyi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home