Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I'm BACK!

Hello everyone!!! I'm finally BACK!!! YAY! For better or for worse! =D

Since you all must be sooo bored without me around, I shall write about my trip! (I so bu yao lian(dun want face), hehe. No lah at least edha still updated.)

(PS Edha... the teaching of mr yong was a disaster ahhahahahaa)

I shall write in in the form of the day 1 till today kind of format. This is going to be a super super long post.

BTW I returned to Singapore on the 28th of November, 1pm exactly.

My itenary is at http://www.chanbrothers.com.sg/index.cfm?id=ebro_a&tour_code=E12F&p=new_button.gif&t=new

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1: My family was terribly excited. (especially me) We wore our long johns and a woolen sweater. Mine was a turtleneck one. And I hated turtleneck sweaters because they make me laugh. When we reached the airport... we realised that the rest of the group was wearing T-Shirts. Oh well.

And so we boarded the plane. Qatar airlines. I thought that Qatar airlines was going to be horrible, but it turned out to be ok! In fact, the plane was a pretty new one. When you turned on or off your reading lights, the light bulb lighted up GRADUALLY, not ABRUPTLY!!! And the airplane lights were cool too. When they wanted to wake us up for some drinks, the lights went from dark blur to light blue to white!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!??? And the service was very good. We met an old lady, who was the mother of a woman of the same age as my mum. And the daughter was a student of TKGS! Hahaha so cool right.

When we came down the plane, there wasn't even a linking bridge to bring us directly to the airport. Only stairs. -_- And there wasn't even a train after that to bring us INTO the airport. Only a small bus. How pathetic is that.

We stopped at Doha ariport. Doha is the capital of Qatar. And the airport was terrible. It was too small to cope with all the people coming into it... We were squashed, people cut the queue, etc.
And btw, the airport is terribly, horrifically small.

Then we had to wait for the next plane to come to bring us to Zurich. Boring wait. The seats were all taken up, and everyone had to sit on the floor while the tour guide argued with the staff there. The people there somehow ignored her instructions, and arranged the seating by alphabetical order, not by family!!!

Then we went to our gate to wait for the plane to arrive, and this German guy started to talk to my family. He was 50+. He started to talk to me. I ignored him, and he talked to my parents. He said "Germany, DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!" and pointed his finger to the floor furiously, and also said "Germany, NO FUTURE! Down, down! Down! Down! Down. Germany down!!!" Mad chap. That's why I ignored him. Later, a bangala guy passed by, and he cursed him in english. I didn't quite get what he said, but I concluded that he was mad, and we moved away.

On the second plane, the service was not as good. Dunno why leh. But I remember a steward called Paul or something. Okay. Enough for Day One.

Day Two: Breakfast on the plane was not good for me as I expected. The plane was a wobbly one. The airport at Zurich was VERY NICE!!! Same standard as Singapore, but very empty. We went to the Rhine Falls first, and on the way there, I felt like puking, but I didn't. Hehe. It was very cold there, and the rhine falls looked kinda misty. Some fog kinda engulfed it... Making it look magical. I had some hot chocolate and chocolates there, which definitely made me feel better.

Later, we had lunch at the Black Forest. The vegetable soup they served was GREAT!!! The pork knuckles, german sausages, and the cake was so-so. And the pork knuckles were BIG. We then went to look at the cuckoo clocks, which were exorbitantly priced. A guy later demonstrated how they made cuckoo clocks. He was funny. There was a cuckoo clock which depicted a woman hitting her husband on his head with a wooden plank because he wasn't working hard enough. He said "If you see little guys with flat heads running around, you know what happened."

LOL!!!

Thereafter, we proceeded to Lucerne.
I can't remember what was for dinner, though.

Day 3: Breakfast was very pathetic cuz all we had was bread and jam and butter and drinks. PATHETIC!!! We went to the Lion Monument, and then went to Mt Titilis. =D
It was great, because we took cable cars up to the peak! And the best part was that it was SNOWING AT THE PEAK!!! WOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's great to see snow huh! =D

It was snowing very heavily, and the snow was really thick. In fact, it was snowing so heavily that everyone couldn't see what was in front of them. It was fun though.

We had some pasta and tomato soup at the restaurant there, when we spotted Paul the steward! My mum spotted him first and it took me a few moments to figure out where I saw him before. The tour guide said that he was from Romania. (huh?) Oh ya. And the cashier at the restaurant cheated us of 13 francs. Idiot. No receipt some more. Idiotic. &**##%%!!!!!!!!

The tour guide brought us to some place called BUCHERER (Bu-ker-rer not butcherer) Which sold souvenirs and branded watches. The rolexes there were expensive, because if my parents bought a rolex in Singapore, they could bargain with the guy here. (friend mah, haha)

In the evening, we walked across Chapel Bridge. The top of it was filled with cobwebs. Yuck. And there were adult shops there. Halloh! CHAPEL bridge nearby got sex shop. UHH... EM..... They don't like Chapel Bridge izzit? Haha jk.
We had macdonald's for dinner.

Day 4: We had the same pathetic stuff for breakfast. Sniff. Of course, for me, the main highlight of this day was ALBERT'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALBERT!!! We went to the bear pit first, where this nerdy guy in my group kena bird shit on his shirt, *giggle*. The lunch there was pretty good. We ate with the mother and daughter pair. The waitress there was very stuck up just because she doesn't know english. -_- But the cake I ate was very nice! =D We saw the clock tower too!

We stayed at a nice swiss chalet. Our room was a two-leveled one! Bed on top, bed below, SO NICE! So country style.

Day 5: Okay I lazy to type liao... I continue tomorrow k??? Sorry ah! =P

Xinyi =)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home